Torchlighters: Jim Elliot Story DVD
Product type: Other
For Use with Ages: Elementary all grades (ages 6-12)
Equips: 1 Teacher & any number of Children
The year was 1956. From the steamy jungles of Ecuador, news spread around the world that five young American men were mercilessly killed by members of the Auca tribe (now known as the Waodani)--a people those young men had gone to serve and befriend. That seemingly senseless tragedy a half century ago has become an inspirational marvel as that same tribe is now friends with the families of those they killed! This is the story of one of those brave torchlighters--Jim Elliot. Jim Elliot spent his youth preparing to share the Gospel with those who'd never heard it. But nothing could have prepared him for the dangers and challenges he'd face in the jungles of Ecuador. The remote Auca tribe was suspicious and antagonistic toward even the most friendly of gestures from outsiders. Would Jim and his fellow missionaries ever be able to break down the hostile barriers and carry a torch of faith to this savage people determined to attack all outsiders?
In this inaugural Torchlighters episode we follow Jim's adventures from his college years to his work in the jungles, showing young people his faith in action as he answers God's call to do the seemingly impossible.
Torchlighters is a series of animated programs for youth ages 8-12, presenting the lives of true-life heroes from Christian history. When kids see what God can do through a “Torchlighter” who is devoted to carrying out His will and purposes, they too may want to carry a torch of faith by serving Him.
DVD Special Features:
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, and Gujarati
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- Interview with Steve Saint, son Nate Saint, a fellow martyr with Jim Elliot
- Autobiography of Marj Saint Van Der Puy, Nate's wife
- Comprehensive Leader's Guide with background information, additional resources, and more.
- Reproducible Student Handouts, including comprehension and discussion questions, puzzles, activities, coloring, and more
Note: This video complements the missionary biography found in Core Bible Level 6, Quarter B and the vignettes found in Level 2, Quarter B, Lesson 11 and Level 4, Quarter B, Lesson 12.
List price: $14.99
You save: $3.00 (20%)